Saturday, June 6, 2009

Beach Calligraphy...


"Have to update, Andrew's work on Beach Photography was featured in Letter Arts Review and John Neal Booksellers Catalogue."




Somewhere back in time on the blog I mentioned Andrew Van Der Merwe as an inspiration. &rew is a very talented artist and calligrapher from South Africa. Mind you I do calligraphy, but had to cut back because of a shoulder injury. I letter more than 30 minutes and my arm looks like I'm going through the DT's. Happy thought- that's up from 5 minutes. So, I live vicariously through my artist friends. When my son announced he was getting married last year, I knew I couldn't do the calligraphy for the invites so I asked &rew if I could commission him for the job. He had just started pulling together a new venture of beach calligraphy, so it fit as my son Justin and his sweet wife Anya were married on a schooner at Hilton Head. ( see photo above taken by award winning photographer Jennifer Hancock)


This is no sloppy scribble, but crisp detailed images-no photoshopping of the lettering people. Believe me, pure magic. See.



I feel like I am bragging on a family member,
but there is no relation.
Just love showing off talent.
Congrats Andrew, please check out his new website via artfire:
and also his general website for design and calligraphy




Cheers, and if you visit &drew tell him I said Hi.

All photos copyright us 2009-RED

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oi td bem com vc? parabens pelo seu blog.

www.renatoesportes.blogspot.com

June 6, 2009 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger Ann Martin said...

What an inspired idea Andrew has - beach calligraphy - I love it! I wish him much success with the online store and will spread the word.

June 7, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home